--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anonymousff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Funny. But ...
> >
> > John the Baptist -- preparing the way.
> <snip>
>
> Do we actually know John the Baptist's take on the whole thing? I am
> only aware of written material from a sect that (apparently and
> apparently successfully) wished to marginalize him in favor of their
> own candidate.

I have no authoritative knowledge of J the B. You should have asked
Charlie - he, among others, proclaimed to be J the B.  I believe. Or
was it M being J the B, with SBS being JC. Too many stories for me.
(Charlie did proclaim to also be Alexander the Great.) (btw, do people
in the lands he ravaged call him "the great"?)

But your point is true with all "surviving" religions and political
power sources. Thus, its always prudent I fidn to try to see history
through the opposing / losing / non-surviving sides.