--- On Wed, 12/31/08, mainstream20016 <mainstream20...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: mainstream20016 <mainstream20...@yahoo.com>
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Prostate cancer. What to do
> To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Wednesday, December 31, 2008, 4:47 AM
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter
> <drpetersutp...@...> wrote:
> >
> > Why all this resistance to surgery? Flax seeds? Give
> me a break. Once the horse has left the
> barn any nutritional approach is a tad late! Again, why all
> this resistance to standard medical
> procedures?
> >

> The arrogant bias against surgery has destined many
> individuals within the TMO, and
> without,  to death.  Do you think these now-deceased
> persons made some sort of point by
> refusing surgery, and then dying ?    Apparently there are
> some huge egos among us who aim
> for fame from a non-surgical 'cure'.  Wow !

I don't see it as arrogance, more fear (which could be seen as a very subtle
arrogance, I guess) from ignorance and being perpetually bombarded with
disinformation about "natural" cures. Once tumors have formed, short of a
miracle, they have to be cutout or destroyed through radiation or chemotherapy.
After that, perhaps a healthy diet could have some preventive impact on future
reoccurrence, but cancer has a strong genetic component that no diet will
directly impact.

There's a bias in the TMO regarding allopathic medicine. It was recently posted
here about the Purusha guy who contracted a respiratory infection while in
India for Maharishi's funeral. He came back to the states, didn't do anything
other than meditate and take some herbs, developed secondary bacterial
infections in his lungs and died. This is incredibly stupid. What, did he think
antibiotics would "ruin" his changes for Enlightenment?