On Jan 2, 2009, at 12:31 PM, curtisdeltablues wrote:

In magic there is a world of difference between "The magician NEVER
touched the deck of cards" before he spelled out my name with the
cards to reveal my chosen card and "Well, he touched the deck BEFORE
the trick started,but that doesn't count."  Only someone trained to
notice this difference can sometimes catch it from an expert.  Our
mind also has the natural tendency to shape our experiences when we
retell them just a tad.  And that small difference can make all the
difference.

I knew it! The ancient science of card tricks came from the Ved! (of course they used Vedic palm leaves).