From: Vaj <vajradh...@earthlink.net>
To: Patrick Gillam <jpgil...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, January 5, 2009 10:45:07 AM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Spiritual Distractions

On Jan 5, 2009, at 10:30 AM, Patrick Gillam wrote:

I'm with Hugo on this one. I thought it was
Maharishi University's job to determine the
physiological parameters of higher states
of consciousness.

And of course you're exactly right, that was one of the good things about MMY:
opening up the field of meditation research by acknowledging these realities.
We all have physical bodies last time I checked! The Two Truths, the relative
and absolute, arise simultaneously and inseparably, so anyone trying to claim
they're somehow "beyond confirmation" via some absolutist criteria should
immediately be considered suspect.

And the same goes with all the traditional criteria: they're there for a
reason, and MMY did authentically enumerate some of them. It's interesting to
me how offended the "enlightened" are when this is mentioned. I've seen a
number of people be tested, myself included and it was extremely helpful for
not falling into self-delusion and self-deception.