--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "guyfawkes91" <guyfawke...@...>
wrote:

> > I kinda wonder
> > about people who are so uneasy being themselves
> > that they have to "stay in touch" with other
> > people 24/7, just to remember who they are.
>
> Watch a group of monkeys feeding in the jungle and you'll soon
> realize why we have a deep desire to stay in touch all the time.
> If you lose contact with the group you're tasty snack for a
> passing eagle or leopard. Monkeys chatter to each other all the
> time to let the whole group know about food and danger.
>
> That's why people will put up with a lot of bullying from superiors
> in order to stay with the group. It's a deeply rooted primate
> instinct to stick with the group. The alternative is to become
> someone else's lunch.

What you suggest may be true. We may have such a
primal desire to stay in touch with the group left
over from more primitive times.

However, it's interesting to consider that with
modern mobile phone technology, the leaders of the
"group" have the ability to "stay in touch" with
YOU at all times. If your mobile phone is on, even
if you are not using it, your government and every
agency that works with or for of them knows exactly
where you are at every minute of the day. They can
pinpoint your location to within a few meters. Most
of these governments can listen to everything you
are saying on these mobile phones, and some do.

Given the governments in question, I suspect that
we're more likely to become "lunch" for them than
from a passing eagle or leopard.  :-)