"John" <jr_...@...> wrote:
> I've heard that the Vatican no longer believes in the existence of
> Limbo.  So, those unbaptized babies who died in the past have gone to
> heaven, we can assume.

John,

Not sure if you're posting with relief or with sarcasm -- probably
sarcasm -- but if anyone reading this thinks the above concept "makes
any sense" then I would say:

Assume all YOU want, but, offering the masses a holy assumption of
this sort without, you know, giving PROOF, is a tawdry act of
religious revisionism that blatantly exposes the spiritual rot of
relativism at the core of today's "Catholic logic."

And, the masses are simply left to adopt the new POV without a massive
program of reeducation for the masses to atone for its 2,000 years of
enforcing a mistake upon them and their ancestors.

Proof would be required before anyone could logically validate or
invalidate the concept "limbo," and for starters lets ask for evidence
that:

1.  The word "soul" can be defined.
2.  Anyone has an immortal soul.
3.  The word "heaven" can be defined.
4.  There is a heaven.
5.  At some point babies begin to sin enough to go to hell, but until
that undefined but certain point is reached, they're sinless, and thus
these babies who die early enough will get a free pass out of the deal
and go directly to heaven when anyone else has to spend a lifetime
avoiding all the lures and risks of existence only to eventually fall
so far short of the goals of Christianity that pretty much everyone
feels deeply tarnished and unworthy of heaven.
6.  Limbo exists
7.  A newly discovered analysis has occurred such that suddenly
"limbo" has been invalidated.

How does a religion atone for a mistake that's twisted the dogma of
working-folk's daily POV?  How many offerings should the church return
to all those distraught parents who paid money, time and emotional
indulgence in the concept "limbo?"  It cannot, right?

To bring it all home:  Once it was "TM twice and day and take it
easy."  Now, virtually from the death bed of Maharishi, we find that
he discovered a new way to get enlightened:  give him a million dollars.

How does the TMO atone for fucking with the hearts of millions for
five decades and counting?  How many paper-cuts add up to murder?

Edg