I remember the first tape recall that you mention, in the mid-1970's,
prior to the release of the boxed tape of Humboldt lectures. Is that
right that the tapes were actually destroyed? If so that is gross.
Interestingly, it would make the contents of the mp3 recordings which
are now circulating via www.spirualregeneration.org news even to
people at TMO HQ, no wonder they are popular.