Vaj wrote:
> You just sound ill-informed.

I don't think so, Vaj. The term 'history' pertains to
the written history of a culture. Writing in India was
not invented until the time of the Ashoka pillars -
that's my point. There are no historical rishis in
India, only legends from the oral tradition.

"By 'prehistory', historians mean the recovery of
knowledge of the past in an area where no written
records exist, or where the writing of a culture
is not understood."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History