> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > Yes (though one might argue that one can play with a path
*and*
> play
> > > with oneself simultaneously)...
> >
> > Which brings up yet another deep philosophical
> > question: if you're in UC and play with yourself,
> > are you really playing with your Self?  :-)
>
> Absolutely. :-)

so on the one hand, there is an illusion created by us that we
somehow embark on a path to find ourselves, which implies travel,
when in fact as the scriptures say, we are always already here and
now.

On the other hand, I recall clearly that when I first embarked on
my 'path' many years ago that I had a far more constrained and less
clear self-identity than I do now. I certainly haven't gone anywhere
except to perform and integrate techniques to more clearly
appreciate who I am.

Though it is then incorrect (and I suspect a trick of the ego) to
interpret this as 'a path', nonetheless it has been 'a process'.

So the key here is to still acknowledge growth, i.e. self-
development, but to understand it as a process (which always implies
ownership) vs. a path (which does not)?