On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 11:30 AM, raunchydog <raunchy...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Good to know it's the guaca-mole type of mole and not the critter type
> of mole you're eating. Is molepoblano a good sauce for critter mole?

Need I remind you that Texas is not that far from Lousiana, where they'll
eat anything, and Mexico, where they do eat anything and everything.  I've
not tried mole covered scorpions, for example, but I'm sure it would be an
interesting contrast of textures at the very least.

I asked a friend who owns a Mexican restaurant if he would indulge me some
day and allow me a little bowl of the Mexican breakfast of champions,
menudo.  He said of course he would.  He went on to say that his menudo was
of much higher class than that served at competing restaurants.  His was
soaked an extra long time so it no longer smelled like shit.  I told him
that he'd already satisfied my curiosity, gracias.