From: enlightened_dawn11 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: More definitions of enlightenment
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 4:56 PM

            agreed-- really well said dr. pete. enlightenment is real, viable

and experienced- - just not by -thinking-

raunchydog, i don't get your comments at all- care to clarify please?

--- In FairfieldLife@ yahoogroups. com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@ ...>

wrote:

> Excellent, Peter. It's exactly the map of the territory Maharishi

has

wrote:

> > Enlightenment is not what you think because:

> > You can not get enlightened.

> > A thought is necessarily bound by time and space and therefore

has

> nothing to do with enlightenment.

> > You can not "model" enlightenment.

> > So with those caveats.....

> > In ignorance you are somebody. A psychological private self that

> relates to the world.

> > Then you get 1st stage enlightenment and you are nobody.

Actually,

> no "you" to be or not to be. Consciousness becomes conscious of its

> own consciousness and withdraws identity with any space/time

> experience. No-Self. No localization of consciousness. Weird as

shit

> for the mind. "You" no longer exist, only consciousness within

which

> everything occurs.

> > Then you get 2nd stage enlightenment Grasshopper. Now you are

> everybody. Consciousness awakens to its bound value of space and

time

> as simply consciousness. All moving within itself. From "here to

here

> through there" according to Maharishi. Those are good words.

> > --- On Tue, 1/27/09, Peter <drpetersutphen@ > wrote:

> > > From: Peter <drpetersutphen@ >

> > > Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: More definitions of

enlightenment