--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "boo_lives" <boo_li...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:
> >

> > > His view is that duncan was nowhere close to being his desired
choice

> > Does he say why Duncan is not his choice?
> >
> he preferred hammond who is more of a true progressive
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Darling-Hammond

Now how about that for a story coming full circle?

#206580 "Obama's pick for Secretary of Education, Arne Duncan,
disappoints progressives & Bill Ayers but for different reasons. Obama
disappoints progressives because Duncan is interested in privatization
of schools rather than tackling the social issues creating the
"achievement gap" in America. read more http://tinyurl.com/c4eyts
Duncan's pick disappoints Bill Ayers because he wanted Linda
Darling-Hammond, race theorist, anti-union and small schools advocate
who with Ayers has been pushing for a slavery reparations policy in
education, called "repayment of the education debt owed to people of
color." read more
http://tinyurl.com/aeak5t

Linda is Bill Ayers' pick as well. But what's up with her stance on
"anti-union? I thought you said your friend was pro union.