--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard M" <compost...@...>
wrote:
<snip>
> What I am coming to is that we do our very, very best
> to put out the water that we think our cat will like.
> We try tap water; we try boiled water; we try filtered
> water. Yes, she will tolerate it for some of the time,
> but for the most part she opts for the EXACT OPPOSITE of
> what we think is "good for her". Given a choice, she
> prefers the disgusting water from our small garden pond
> (full of goldfish excrement and who-knows-what bugs and
> microbes). Or she'll squat by a muddy puddle with an
> expression on her face as if it was purest bourbon.

Have you tried one of those pet fountains? My sisters'
cats won't drink tap water straight out of the faucet,
but they'll drink it when it's in the fountain
contraption. It filters and aerates the water, which
probably makes it taste better.

Here's one:

http://www.petco.com/product/8820/Drinkwell-Pet-Fountain-for-
Cats.aspx?Nav=197