Part of the answer to the question "Are There Prerequisites for
Advaita?" lies in the question itself.

The question implies that the topic belongs to, or has to be steeped
in a particular culture or tradition.  Au contrare -

I've got a brother-in-law who has a heart attack, dragged half dead to
the hospital, cut open from bow to stern . . .

and he walked out of that hospital an advaita thru and thru.  He's
never heard of the concept, or come across any of its precepts.

But he speaks of the meaninglessness of worldly pursuits, how his
daily duties only left him only with fears and anxieties - he
experienced a discontent that went right to his core.  That dude has
really lightened up.

So the question "Are There Prerequisites for Advaita?"  Hell, forget
whether there's prerequisites or not - ask yourself - without the
(near) extinguishing of 'that person in charge of my life', can
advaita be practiced at all?

The practice of advaita without the honest recognition that it will
never work is doomed to create the same anxieties and fears that a 9-5
job will do.

I recommend eating a bunch of deep fried cheese curds.