On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 9:46 PM, yifuxero <yifux...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> http://www.slate.com/id/2071456/

Ah yes.  Well in Fairfield they don't have to be scammers, Irish or
itinerant.  They can have the best of intentions.  But you see,
http://www.dps.state.ia.us/fm/electrician/index.shtml
http://tinyurl.com/dn77sm , Iowa has recently discovered the need for
licensing.  So what you see in construction and repairs in Fairfield boggles
the mind.  I stayed in a house on West Hempstead for a few months a year
ago.  I got really suspicious about the lights constantly varying in
intensity based on other electrical loads going on and off in the house.  So
I got me a meter and did some tracing in and outside the house.  I expected
that there was a floating ground.  Ground?  Ha ha.  Nothing attached to a
pipe outside, nothing attached to a pipe or groundwire outside.  Explained a
lot.  I got an earful from a condo owner about the quality of work expected
and delivered in Fairfield.  Scary.  Really scary.