On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Reminds me of the dot com boom where the dot coms didn't want to hire
> anyone over 30.  Even for management.  They wanted to do it "their way"
> and we see what happened.

I'd like to see someone do so serious studies of the dot com days.

Case in point: a house in Silicon Valley which housed half a dozen dot
com billionaires (none over 23) who are now most likely trying to
scrape by selling tee shirts at the San Francisco Marina.  The
gathering was based on the belief that these billionaires were
obviously the best and the brightest in the world.  They moved in
together so that no time would be wasted in commuting or other outside
activities.  These gifts to God could spend day and night
brainstorming the next idea that was going to revolutionize the world
yet again.  After 6 months together they came up with no new ideas,
viable or not, and moved out.