I post this as an "open question" to FFL readers.

I think it's an interesting question. If you believe
in enlightenment, and that it is within your grasp
in this lifetime, what about yourself do you believe
will *change* when you realize enlightenment?

I ask because many here seem to believe that some
things definitely *will* change. I'm wondering what
those things are.

Me, I'm a fan of the old Zen saying, "Before enlight-
enment, chop wood and carry water. After enlightenment,
chop wood and carry water." I don't believe that
*anything* will change about me when my realization
of enlightenment becomes permanent, other than the
addition of that permanent realization to my daily
life. I don't think I'll necessarily become nicer,
or wiser, or omniscient, or able to perform siddhis,
or "above temptation," or any less able to do things
that are less than positive (or less than "life-
supporting"). I'll be the same person, just
enlightened.

But I am aware that these beliefs place me in the
minority here, and that others believe that great
changes will befall them when they finally realize
the goal they have been pursuing all these years.
So I'm asking in all sincerity what you think those
changes will be. I think it could be an interesting
thread.