--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozg...@...> wrote:

> shempmcgurk wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:

> > <shempmcgurk@>

Marx?

> > established

> >> Thanks Bob.  I figured Shemp was off his rocker but I am
actually

> > not
> >
> >> that familiar with Marx and sent the link as joke in reply to
his

> > joke link.
> >

> > Karl Marx was Jewish in the same way that Barack Obama is Muslim.
> >
> > Yes, Marx's lineage was Jewish but the father converted to
> > Catholicism before he was born and his mother's family converted
> > Lutheran.  Indeed, the mother's lineage is more important than
the
> > father's because for those, like Bhairitu, that consider race and
> > lineage more important in judging and labelling a person than the
> > content of one's character, according to Jewish law if a mother
is
> > Jewish that automatically makes the child Jewish.
> >
> > So to call Marx "Jewish" on the basis of his lineage is, of
course,
> > the same mode of thinking of those racists who call
Obama "Muslim"
> > because his lineage on his father's side is Muslim...and
according to
> > Islamic law it is patrilinear descendancy that counts (unlike
Jewish
> > law in which it is matrilinearly based).
> >
> > And keep in mind that neither Marx nor Obama consider themselves,
> > respectively, as Jewish or Muslim.  They choose, instead, to
define
> > themselves as to their believes, not the dictates of some
tradition.

> > But that doesn't count to racists like Bhairitu who judge people
by
> > their lineage and/or skin color instead of what that person
himself
> > decides to label himself.
> >
> > So, Bhairitu, you and your correspondent, to be consistent, must
now
> > refer to Barack Obama as a Muslim...and I will continue to remind
you
> > of that in posts henseforth until you admit your racist error.
> >
> > Oh, and by the way, it is very well documented that Karl Marx
hated
> > both Jews and Blacks (whom he often described with the n-word
when
> > referring to them).  The following link is just one article on
this.
> > Try googling "Karl Marx" with "anti-semite" and "nigger" and
you'll
> > see how many hits you get:
> >
> > http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=50724
> Shemp, for the record I am "racially blind."  I grew up in a small
> farming community with the children of Mexican laborers.  They were
my
> school buddies.  I worked as jazz musician for many years with
African
> American musicians who were great friends and bright people.  I
have no
> racial biases.  I have many Jewish friends and a few Jewish
girlfriends
> so I am not anti-semitic either.

[snip]

Well, well, well.

Look who's on the defensive.

And invoking the silliest, sorriest "line" of all: "I'm not a racist
because some of my best friends are..."

Fact is, you judged someone based upon their ancestry which, by the
way, is the defining criteria of racism.

I've been published internationally in which I've researched and
outlined the procedures of discrimination in South Africa, so I know
what I'm talking about.

Do I think you're a racist?  Of course not.  Indeed, I think you're
basically a good person.

But you've been pretty loose and easy in calling me all sorts of
names so I thought I'd latch on to something YOU said which is --
whether you realize it or not -- emanating from a racially
discriminatory worldview.

You labelled someone based upon their ancestry, not the content of
their character.  This is shameful.  And you need to rethink the way
you look at the world.

Funny, I don't remember YOU or anyone else on this forum coming to my
defense when on three separate occasions during the presidential
campaign I was called a racist by three different posters here...all
because I didn't support Obama or I reproduced an Ann Coulter column.

Now everyone is up in arms because I called YOU a racist for actually
doing something that IS racist.  Ironic, isn't it.