>From time to time I see posts claiming that "!...@#$%^" is a Buddhist.

So, I'm wondering who these Buddhist might be here on FFL? In fact, I'm
thinking that there are no Buddhists on FFL. Why would Buddhists
populate FFL? Outside of the snearing, slander and outright fighting
that some of our luminaries indulge  in (code  for *ejaculate on*) why
would a Buddhist care one single thing about MMY's teachings or any of
the various reckless and drunken speculations parading here as ideas on
public-spectacle-dot.001?

I'm wondering just who these "Buddhists" might be. I've hung with
Tantric Buddhists since 1992 - although they are not the usual breed of
knee-jerk Prasangikas. The ones I talk with can actually discuss the
similarities between Jamgon Kongtrul and Iamblicus on the role of the
pranic chariot (oxema-pneuma) in theurgic/tantric rites. The ones I
don't talk with much are the "there is no chariot - it is nothing but a
collection of boards, axils and spokes".

Of course this is not real news here since doctrinare and mindless
intellects are plentiful on any forum- especially one involving the
relationship between the fundamental questions of human life and the
teachings of the ".org/church/sampradaya/lineage/revelation/religion".

However my conversations over the years have demonstrated that most
Buddhists don't really have anything close to the
meditative-experiential baseline that most of us bring to FFL and take
for granted in our conversations.

In fact, one of my friends, who had Tri-Cyle Buddhist training starting
from the early 70's, was startled to hear MMY's description of
transcending (from the Gita commentary). We were looking at Shankara's
commentary on the Yoga-Sutras and his assumption was that this must have
been my own personal experience. Although in one sense this was
accurate, it just did'nt occur to him that MMY would offer this
description to us precisely because many of us had this very experience
of "transcending" during meditation.

All lineage are not the same.

Buddhists claimants! Stand forth and assert your claims here on FFL in a
straight-forward manner - instead of the usual pseudo-fodder.

Who here is a "Buddhist" - enough of one that you can claim to critique
MMY's teachings on the one hand or use that very basis to bring greater
clarity to understanding what he said?