On Mar 24, 2009, at 9:26 AM, Alex Stanley wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <r...@...> wrote:

From a friendly lurker

Hey Rick I was just glancing at FFL and saw Shemp's post about being
depressed.
I would suggest he get a male hormone panel.
Men at this age usually have a huge shift in the ratio of testosterone to estrogen and believe it or not there are ways to adjust this herbally and it
might shift his mood.
Thing is he has to be very careful who he goes to. Not an endocrinologist as they may want to use testosterone and that is the kiss of death. Only
herbally and nutritionally....

For boosting testosterone and reducing estrogen dominance naturally, check out Dr. William Wong's websites:

http://www.drwong.us/

http://www.naturalhealthpodcasts.com/podcasts.html

Bioidentical hormones are getting some good science to back their use. I know it is really helpful for menopause, you can get rid of those nasty hot flashes and mood swings. Some women have a real drop in testosterone which can make them feel very vulnerable. You'll need a good and supportive doc to do the workup and then a compounding pharmacist to make up the meds. I know my insurance covers it, yours may too. Since these levels are a sensitive issue, it's great that you can now have someone work up your hormone profile and then follow it across time, adjusting the bioidenticals as needed. In a couple of months you can naturally be back to your teenage hormone levels.