Lyoto Machida: I Drink My Own Urine
Date submitted: 24 March 2009
Author: Mick Bower

Lyoto Machida is famous for doing things his own way. The famously elusive star
has climbed the light heavyweight rankings with an unconventional fighting
style.

Machida was schooled in Karate by his father from and early age. Now, the
unbeaten Brazilian has revealed that he also has a special natural dietary
supplement to enhance his performance.

Machida told tatame.com:

"My training is with my family and it makes it more easy. If I go out there,
maybe I won't find what I have in Belém any place in the world. I train with
guys who live there. My father does that for a long time and bring it to us.
People think it's a joke (laughs). I never said it in the United States because
I don't know how the fans will react (laughs). I drink my urine every morning
like a natural medicine".

If Machida continues his march to the UFC title, more fighters may start to
copy his unconventional breakfast.