Richard, thanks for the recommendation.  I have not heard of the book before
but I plan on getting it now.  Crows and ravens are my favorite all around
bird.  Just a few months ago I was walking across the jail parking lot, going
to visit some clients, and there was a big seagull tugging and tearing at a
discarded bag of Cheetos.  You could see that there were still a few cheetos in
the bag and the gull was intent on getting them.  He struggled to rip the bag
but wasn't making any progress at all when suddenly a crow swooped down,
bullied the gull to one side, picked up the bag at the bottom end, dumped out
the few remaining cheetos and quickly gobbled them up while the gull stood
there, looking on incredulously.  It was beautiful.

Marek

**