--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_...@...> wrote:

> To All:
>
> Miss California had all the goods to win the Miss America crown.
> She was cheated by a blogger who asked a politically sensitive
> question about gay marriage.  Questions like that should not have
> been allowed  in a beauty contest.

She could have answered the question with something along the lines of "I think
it's up to the individual states to decide for themselves whether same sex
marriage should be legalized." The question did not require her to state her
personal views about same sex marriage. She stupidly and needlessly included
information in her answer that cost her the crown. Basically, the question was
a test of intelligence and social skills, and she failed miserably.