> > > I would if I could find it! I finally found the blog, but
> > > I couldn't find a related entry. Can you provide the URL,
> > > please?
> >
> > http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20227041.600-quantum-gods-dont-deserve-your-faith.html
> >
> > My comment is about page 5 or 6. The quote from MMY about
> > material and spiritual values.
>
> Thanks. Page 4, actually. Good comment.

Yep it's a well cherry picked quote indeed. Unfortunately
Lawson forgot to mention that MMY had a habit of contradicting
himself to suit his audience and for every quote like this I
could find hundreds that demonstrate he believed consciousness
is the *base* of all things.

> What about her claim that (SU)5 has been falsified and
> therefore Hagelin was wrong, when Hagelin's theory was
> actually Flipped (SU)5? Has it been falsified as well,
> do you know? One of the other commenters claimed it
> hadn't been, and somebody else contradicted him/her.

su 5 has definitely been discredited as a theory. It was
the first UF idea to be testable. The theory is that the
symmetry break required for unification would create a
detectable proton. Detectors were built deep in mines and
were monitored for 25 years before the idea was abandoned
as the proton never appeared.

Einstein, Hawking both failed in their lifelong quest to
find the UF. Perhaps I should join in this blog and tell them
that John Hagelin is claiming to have finished this work.
That would raise a laugh from any genuine scientists.
Maybe even post a link to JHs lectures on the UF, that would
be an interesting counterpoint to the nonsense coming from
the TBs. But most of that is self-evidently rubbish and the
author is probably astonished at the way people are underlining
her point about QP without even realising it.