--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozg...@...> wrote:

> How do you know when Ben Bernanke is lying?  When his mouth moves.
>
> Yeah, I know, old joke (usually applied elsewhere).  And I'm sure most
> FFLians could care less about the economy as being concerned about it
> would make them look "unenlightened" in their quest to dissect
> enlightenment.   After all they're not "attached" to economic issues
> anyway.   That is until the pink slip shows up or their business fails
> or the contracts dry up.
>
> Yesterday my relatives held a pre-Mother's Day combination birthday
> catch up get together.  Though they live in the area I don't hear from
> them that often as they are "too busy" which is just another way of
> saying they "can't keep up with things like they used to."  I bet many
> of you have similar experiences with relatives and friends.
>
> Interesting was the conversation about neighbors being foreclosed out of
> their homes.  Their friends businesses failing and even one family
> member admitting that if the line he represents doesn't win in the
> industry he'll be out of work in 3 months.  Other family members are a
> little less open and more cryptic about their financial lives.  Some are
> embarrassed that the family "flake" (me) wound up the most financially
> secure (at least for the time being).  I always like to joke that is
> because "I was foolish enough to listen to the conspiracy theorists."
>
> The problem is they tend to believe the mainstream press on such issues
> and don't understand how often our leaders lie about the economy in an
> effort to bolster or con you into buying some of their worthless stock
> or even savings bonds (currently paying 0.0% interest).   If they only
> dug deeper or at least made economics a hobby (rather than frigging
> sports which are a big waste of time) they would realize that the arrow
> has been shot and nothing will deflect it from its trajectory which is
> the economic collapse of civilization.  The economy won't rebound by the
> end of the year and these small waves in the stock market mean nothing.
> We're in it for the long haul because the "adults" went away and let a
> bunch of children run the show.  And the kids are probably more
> interested in the current fad of LaCrosse than reviving the economy or
> changing the whole system to one that suits everyone rather than the 1%
> who rape and pillage it.
>
> So here is a good article along the same lines from a business owner who
> believes as I do.  Wake up and smell the roses or is it the garbage pails?
>
> http://www.newsweek.com/id/196007

A lot of the posts put me in mind of the old line of Nero fiddling with himself
while Rome burned (or something like that).
  Some sites are all conspiracy theory people but here, the majority seem to
believe 9-11 was foreign terrorists.
  A lot of people are not running programs that can translate current events
into a problem.  N