--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchy...@...> wrote:

> Spaced-out... the Final Frontier. These are the voyages
> of the Starship Fairfield Life. Its endless mission: to
> explore unbounded banality; to seek out dead horses to
> beat; angels to dance on heads of pins; to boldly
> transcend where no one has transcended before.
>
> Rick Archer: Captain James T. Kirk maneuvers FFL starship
> through dangerous attacks and preserves its existence.
>
> Alex Stanley: Scotty precisely monitors the post count
> and retains a reputation as a "miracle worker", renowned
> for his technical skill, knowledge, determination and
> resolve.
>
> Curtis: Dr. McCoy keeps the shipmates healthy and engaged
> in lively debate.
>
> Judy Stein: Uhura crushes on McCoy and courageously battles
> the Klingon, Turq
>
> Edg Duveyoung: Sulu, a man of many interests and hobbies,
> including botany, fencing, and ancient Trikke weaponry.
>
> Vaj: Mr. Spock controls his emotions and doesn't feel much
> of anything except superior to humans.
>
> Ruth Simplicity: Nurse Christine Chapel came aboard FFLife
> on a journey to meet a man from her past that she has
> "history" with, who is now long dead and replaced by an
> android.
>
> Sal: A Wookie from Star Wars who got on the wrong star
> ship, and lobs zingers from afar, hoping for an echo.
>
> Raunchydog: Leila Kalomi, a beautiful botanist who was
> infected with happiness spores. She exposed Spock to the
> spores hoping he would would feel happy. She lost interest
> in the project when he refused to feel anything.
>
> Enlightened Dawn: Amanda Grayson, the human mother of
> Spock and wife of Vulcan Ambassador Sarek. Spock asked
> his father why he married such an emotional woman. Sarek
> replied that at the time it seemed the logical thing to.
>
> Doug Hamilton: Chekov. Roddenberry, created Chekov's
> character in response to a Pravda article that noted the
> international crew of the FFLife lacked a Russian.
> Roddenberry's envisioned an ideal future in which the
> people of the Earth were united. However, Pravda never
> published such an article. It was just a publicity stunt
> and a fabrication. Chekov's character was a ruse.

More characters:

Turq as Harry Mudd, the guy who shows up with
a bevy of beautiful babes who begin seducing
all the males (and some of the females) on the
crew. JohnR and BillyG play the first two crew
members who fall prey to the women's evil ways
and abandon their posts. ( Hey...if I can't be
Khan, whom I have belatedly realized wasn't a
Klingon, I might as well have *some* fun in
this movie, and being a kind of intergalactic
pimp would not only be fun, it'd give Edg's
Sulu someone to hate. )

off_world_beings as Apollo, the guy who claimed
to be the Greek god of that name and tried to
force the crew of the Enterprise to worship him.

cardemaister as Zefram Cochrane, who invented
the Warp Drive by finally translating that last
nagging verse of the Yoga Sutras that had been
puzzling him.

Nabby as Cyrano Jones, who arrives on the Enter-
prise trying to peddle Maitreya-tribbles. At
first the Maitreya-tribbles seem harmless, but
after a while they start to get annoying because
they expect you to sit around waiting for them
all the time and do nothing else. Cyrano finally
moves on and takes his Maitreya-tribbles with
him, but for some reason people kinda miss him.

jim_flanegin (who as Judy keeps claiming is NOT
the same person as enlightened_dawn11 and thus
can still be cast) as the anonymous crew member
who transports down to the planet's surface
wearing a different color uniform from everyone
else. The minute you see the uniform you know
that he has only one function in the episode --
to be eaten by whatever monster they find on
the planet's surface. Six episodes later the
same actor shows up again playing the same kind
of disposable character, and gets eaten again.
No one misses any of them when they go.