On May 29, 2009, at 12:46 PM, Richard J. Williams wrote:

Yeah, compared to S.N. Goenka, the Marshy is a
sheer genius at meditation! There's a lot of
difference between transcendental meditation
and mood-making with concentration on various
human body parts.

Vaj wrote:
Similar techniques are found in the Shankaracharya
Advaita tradition. They can also be found in
Patanjali, the Shaiva tantras and the Puranas!
They are also taught in the mantra traditions of
Hindu tantrism.

So, we are agreed - TM is very similar to the Adwaita
meditation of the Shankaracharya, Patanjali, and in
the Indian Tantras and Purana. I always thought so -
thanks for providing this information. So, the
Shankaracharya, Patanjali, and the Indian Tantriks
all practiced TM.

No Willy, they practiced Vipassana-like practices, not TM.