--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000"
<steve.sun...@...> wrote:

> Dang, the Edgster telling it like it is. I have hi-lighted
> some of the parts I most enjoyed, and which I felt were most
> right on.

Since I chimed in on this earlier by reposting
Judy's "definitive statement" about why those
who disagree with her about crop circles will
*never* know as much about them as she does:

"You aren't going to be able to get it right,
because you haven't been paying attention to
what I'm saying."

I'll agree with both Edg and lurk here. The sheer
*arrogance* of the statement above indicates a
level of attachment to her "There is some Woo Woo
going on" belief. Add to that a continued demon-
ization of anyone who does *not* "pay attention"
to her holy word as "skeptopaths" and "having no
cojones" -- *while claiming that she has never
demonized them -- and you have someone who is
not only attached in the extreme to her point of
view, but unable to recognize the attachment.

THIS is what I was talking about last week with
Richard M, about why I don't *believe* Judy when
she says one thing about what she believes, and
then acts in a manner that indicates that she
believes something completely different.

Don't take my word for it. Just look at the history
on this thread. Almost everyone who has dared to
disagree with Judy's holy word about crop circles
has been called a "skeptopath," has been accused
of dishonest debating tactics, and of "lacking
cojones." Does that SOUND like someone who
merely "doesn't know for sure" the "truth" about
crop circles?

I also agree with Lurk that Edg's statement is a
fine example of moderation and balance and
economy of language. He sees what almost every-
one else here sees, and what the person claiming
that she's not demonizing those who disagree
with her cannot.

But, speaking of "economy of language," one
picture is better than a thousand words:

[http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_k2rfk6VyHkQ/SFaF7R_8BnI/AAAAAAAAAc8/cMuzXd79i\
TA/s400/TinFoilHatArea.jpg]

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Why should I waste my time doing research into crop circles?
> >
> > All I need to do is read one article by a person who has done this,
> and the below is a typical "balanced" view about crop circles. The
> writer has done some homework, saved me the effort, and the conclusion
> is that "man made" is overwhelmingly the "best guess" to support.
> >
> > Judy, do you agree with the below article? If so, we have no basis
for
> our having a debate.
> >
> > Right now though, I put you in the same category as the guy who said
> to me about professional wrestling "Some of it's fake, but some's
real."
> Good line.  Great analogy
> >
> > To me, you're wanting something, anything will do, to point at that
> suggests woo-woo is operative in the world. You're a witch doctor
trying
> to find a "special bone" "special bone, I love that to shake at a
> patient when you say, "I'm the exception to the rule, my bones work
and
> ooogaboooga is a real power that can those in the know can wield."
> >
> > Stop clinging to your need for wooism to be justifiable.
> >
> > No one's levitating, 2012 will be like Y2K, Tony's a fraud,
Maharishi
> [...]
with?
> Edg in top form.  Bam, bam.  No malice here.  Just calling
> people out on their crap.  It's got to be done.
> >
> > Your intellectual heft is often put to a low use -- you've spend 15
> years beating a dead horse you call "loser." It's sick to beat a dead
> horse, and you know it. Everyone here knows it.  It is true.  Raunchy,
> are we wrong here.? I don't think so.  It's easy to get into a rut.  I
> think we have to call it like it is.
>
> I don't think there was one wasted word in this post.
> >
> > Edg
> >
> > http://www.unmuseum.org/cropcir.htm
<http://www.unmuseum.org/cropcir.htm>
> > The article:
> >
> > For over twenty years the southern English countryside has been the
> site of a strange phenomenon that has baffled observers and spawned
> countless news stories and not a few books. In the middle of the
night,
> flattened circular depressions have appeared in fields of wheat, rye
and
> other cereal crops. They range in diameter from ten feet to almost a
> hundred feet wide and vary from simple circles to complex spirals with
> rings and spurs. All have sharply defined edges.
> >
> > The most striking feature of the circles is the frequency with which
> they occur. In 1990 over 700 crop-circles appeared in Britain.
> >
> > People who attempt to study these circles have coined a name for
> themselves: cereologists. The word comes from the name of the Roman
> goddess of vegetation, Ceres. There are two favorite theories held by
> cereologists that think crop circles are the result of some not well
> understood physical phenomena. The first is that the depressions are
the
> result of an unusual weather effect. George Tenence Meaden, a former
> professor of physics, calls this a "plasma vortex phenomenon" which he
> defines as "a spinning mass of air which has accumulated a significant
> fraction of electrically charged matter." According to Meaden the
effect
> is similar to that of ball lightning, but larger and longer lasting.
> >
> > The second theory is that somehow crop-circles are created by UFOs.
> Proponents of this theory note that occasionally crop circles seem to
> appear in conjunction with a UFO sighting.
> >
> > Some of the early, simple crop circles certainly do suggest fields
> that might have been flattened by the weight of a grounded flying
> saucer. As the circles have become more complex in shape, though,
> proponents of the UFO theory have had to modify their ideas suggesting
> that the marks left are due to a strange effect of the craft's drive
> force on the plants. Others even argue that the shapes are messages
> purposefully left by the saucer's crew.
> >
> > The most likely explanation for almost all of the crop circles is
that
> they are hoaxes. Even the most ardent fans of either the weather or
UFO