--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozg...@...> wrote:

> shempmcgurk wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
> >
> >> Not free meat day.
> >>
> >> "- Paul McCartney, the former Beatle and vegetarian pop star, asked fans
> >> to go meatless on Mondays to help slow global warming by reducing the
> >> amount of gaseous emissions from farm animals. "
> >>
> >> http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601088&sid=a3xCgBOWHyt4
> >>
> >> I'm sure Shemp will be all for this.
> >>

> > Yes, I am.
> >
> > Obviously you remember my posts on this very subject: that according to the
> > U.N., 18% of all greenhouse gasses are caused by livestock whereas 14% by
> > transport and if we are REALLY serious about reducing greenhouse gas
> > emissions then it's much easier killing all the livestock in the world (and
> > thereby feeding 10 times more people) than going after oil-driven cars and
> > other transport vehicles.
> >
> > It's a no-brainer.
> No brain is a good description of your idea.  If you actually knew
> anything about real nutrition you would know it would also kill off a
> lot of people.  Why?  Because many of us have ancestors who survived on
> meat.  Without it the acid/alkaline balance will go out of whack.  AND
> meat doesn't necessarily make us more acid.  In fact in some people it
> makes them more alkaline.  Again we're all different.   The veganism fad
> is promoted to create a world of wussy people easily controlled by meat
> eating gangsters.  Of course you're probably for that too.
>
> That said many could cut way back on meat eating.  We probably all know
> people that just eat meat every meal.  Many could drop back to two or
> three times a week unless treating some disease where animal protein
> helps.   And some who are genetically inclined can actually be
> vegetarians with no impact to their energy or strength.

Reread my post.

I said "If we were REALLY serious" about stopping global warming.

Nobody's serious about it (certainly not me) but if they were the above idea
WOULD be the best way to eliminate or cut down on the problem.  And, yes,
you're probably right about how many people such a drastic cut in diet would
kill.  But, again, compared to the millions that the likes of Al Gore says are
going to die because of global warming then the above would still be a better
alternative.

The best alternative is to ignore the insane rantings of the Al Gore's of the
world and just get on with your life.