These things come & go each 14-20 ,ooo. yrs we also evolove & can  adapt as
well. as most other creatures & so.

In a message dated 6/16/2009 6:33:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
r...@searchsummit.com writes:

An  afternoon delight for Shemp.

Dear Rick,

As example of the kind of impacts  we can expect in a warming world, the
climate of Illinois  could resemble the climate of Texas by the end of this
century.
If you aren't sure why global warming is our  top priority, please read
this email.
Moments ago, the White House released a  detailed scientific report
forecasting devastating impacts of global  warming in the United States if we
don't
take dramatic steps now to cut  our global warming emissions.
The report, Global Climate Change Impacts  in the United States, breaks
down climate impacts  region-by-region
The  Northeast:

    *   Hartford  and Philadelphia could average 30 days of 100+
temperatures per year  while Boston could see more than 20 100-degree days per
year;

    *   Native  maple, beech, birch, spruce and fir forests could be almost
entirely  lost;

    *   The  climate of New Hampshire could resemble the climate of North
Carolina.

The  Southeast:

    *   Much  of Florida and southeast Texas could see more than 180 days
in the 90s  per year while other southeastern states could see more than 100
90-degree days per year;

    *   Spring  and summer drought has already increased by 12 percent and
14  respectively over the last 30 years. The frequency, intensity and
duration of droughts in the region are likely to  increase;

    *   Sea  level rise and stronger storm surges could inundate and
ultimately  flood coastal communities along the Atlantic and Gulf  coasts.

The  Midwest:

    *   The  climate of Michigan could resemble the climate of Oklahoma and
the  climate of Illinois could resemble the climate of  Texas;

    *   Deadly  heat waves like the one that killed more than 700 people in
Chicago in  1995, will become more frequent. Under higher emission
scenarios,  Chicago could experience up to three such heat waves every  year;

    *   Higher  emissions scenarios would cause a water level drop of 1-2
feet in the  Great Lakes, threatening shipping, infrastructure, beaches and
ecosystems.

The Great  Plains:

    *   Hotter,  drier summers will threaten the already overused High
Plains aquifer,  which irrigates 13 million acres and provides water to 80% of
the  people in the region;

    *   Increased  temperatures and higher carbon dioxide levels will
threaten farming  activities with more drought, pest infestations, and faster
weed  growth;

    *   Under  higher emission scenarios, North and South Dakota, which
currently see  only a handful of 100-degree days, could see 50 or more days of
100+  temperatures per year.

The  Southwest:

    *   Under  higher emission scenarios, the southern half of Arizona,
southeastern  California and Las Vegas could see more than 120 days with 100+
temperatures;

    *   Most  of the region could see precipitation levels decline by more
than 40%,  pushing already water-strained areas over the edge;

    *   Southwestern  forests will be decimated with less water, more
wildfires and more  invasive pests. Under higher emissions scenarios,
California's  mountain forests could decline by 60-90%.

The  Northwest:

    *   Mountain  snowpack runoff, critical water needs, could run 20-40
days earlier,  threatening water resources in summer months;

    *   Declining  summer streamflows and warmer water temperatures could
push salmon and  other cold water fish species, already stressed by human
activities,  over the brink;

    *   100-degree  days are rare today in the Northwest. Under higher
emission scenarios,  much of the region could see 30-40 days of 110+
temperatures per  year.

Without action, this is the future that  awaits our children. We can't let
it happen.
The good news? The U.S. House could vote on a  landmark energy and global
warming bill as soon as next week. We're  doing everything we can to pass
this bill and keep the pressure on the  Senate to move a bill of its own.
Here are three things you can do now to  help:

1.      _Take action to urge passage  of the bill in the  House_
(http://support.edf.org/site/R?i=GrDDfRcSfEx5DzLh5_7elQ..) .

2.      Forward  this email to all your friends and family.

3.      Share  facts about your region on Facebook or Twitter. Please
include a link to  our action alert:
_http://support.edf.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=118_
(http://support.edf.o
rg/site/R?i=-5zwunBJRx-9vAdadmReFw..)
Thanks for all you do,
Environmental  Defense Fund
P.S. In addition to the human toll, this  report reinforces the dire threat
American wildlife face in a warming  world. Go to our _Warming  and
Wildlife campaign_ (http://support.edf.org/site/R?i=xSDJw5-O289d9ljE4Sb_Pw..)
meet and see seven "ambassador" species  that face a bleak future in a warmer
world.

Environmental  Defense Fund
1875 Connecticut Ave. NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC  20009
1-800-684-3322

If you do not wish to receive  these messages, _change  your subscription
options._
(http://support.edf.org/site/CO?i=dqZ6e3WxQiyu7DAwAxuTpFUdtQSMJM64&cid=1301)
 (http://support.edf.org/site/R?i=C4cISYXuXNuaICdQHLqhNA..)

fingertips.