Shemp, it's my understanding that ayurveda
recognizes three types of sleep disorders:
(1) trouble falling asleep, (2) waking in
the dead of night and (3) waking a few
hours before one would normally arise.
It would appear you have traded one sleep
disorder for another. The fact that
ayurveda recognizes these different
disorders suggests that it may yet hold
a cure. Regardless of the route you take
to getting a good night's rest, good luck
in your investigations, and please report back.