> The article is about the SS -- der Schutzstaffel -- in Germany.
>
> Interesting parallels, eh? But it's probably just a coincidence...

No it's not a coincidence. It's a well known and well studied phenomena which
is a form of "groupthink", look it up. You'll find that kind of thing
manifesting in different forms in many places and many periods of history. The
only thing that makes it very odd is that TM is supposed to counteract all the
nastiness which goes along with that mode of thinking. Well it does to some
extent, but not enough to make the TMO palatable. The kind of belief system
that tells people that "unbelievers must be dealt with directly" (see other
posts on this forum)  has always been the source of misery.

If people feel like that then I recommend watching "Life of Brian" as an
antidote.