--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo" <richardhughes...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" rick@ quoted David
> Orme-Johnson:
>

> We argue that
> > Maharishi's theory of col-lective consciousness provides a unifying
> > framework that explains these results through a logical structure of clearly
> > defined, operationalized terms grounded in physiological and behavioral
> > research, which makes specific quantifiable and socially important
> > predictions that have been extensively replicated.
>

> Except it isn't being replicated now. I would say that the failure
> of the Invincible America course and the pundit project in general
> is clear proof that this "technology" doesn't work.

This paper is hilarious. After almost a half-century of trying,
where's the latest "scientific" paper from the TMO's delusional
leaders getting published? In a so-called "journal" that pretty
much publishes anything, the quackier and crankier the better.
It publishes pretty much anything without consideration of
any scientific or even factual support for the claims made in
its pages.

This is particularly spectacular considering that the TMO
is in the middle of another attempt to trot out so-called
"scientific research" in support of TM. When one of MUM's
lead researchers is getting published in a UFO-centric
journal, in a paper with the MUM name all over it, this
pretty much torpedoes those efforts.

That everything about TM is far from scientific - in fact,
that it's mostly bullshit to be put in the category of things
like UFO's and diviniation - is now easily explainable
to the man on the street.

A critic like me couldn't ask for anything better.