--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "BillyG." <wg...@...> wrote:

[snip]

> "It may take a little self-discipline."  MMY

Imagine that, MMY recommending discipline..........it may also take A LOT of
self discipline especially if you have problems, and who doesn't have those.

> On no, don't use your God given dynamic free will, problems will resolve
> themselves, it may take a million years but hey, what's the rush?
>
> Proverb:  "If you're waiting for TM alone to solve your problems, you will be
> waiting a looooong time!"  BillyG.
>
> TM as taught and not conjoined to Religion or ethical and moral development
> (like Patanjali's first two limbs)  is like a boat without a rudder, you're
> going nowhere, fast!
>
> MMY says Practice (TM) and Religion must go together;
>
>  "The rituals of the various religions represent the body, and the practice
> of directly experiencing Being represents the Spirit. Both are necessary and
> should go hand in hand. One will not survive without the other."  MMY SOBAL
> page256
>
> So what are you waiting for......go solve your problems, nature ain't gonna
> do it for you! if God was going to do it, why would he need YOU??  Grace AND
> effort are required!!
>
>      **BillyG dispelling yet another TM myth!!!**

FWIW, I fully agree with Billy on this. I happened to run across the following
today from Wikipedia on 'Higher Consciousness.'

The last sentence pretty much summarizes what Billy is saying:

= = Higher consciousness, also called super consciousness (Yoga), objective
consciousness (Gurdjieff), Buddhic consciousness (Theosophy), cosmic
consciousness, God-consciousness (Sufism and Hinduism) and Christ consciousness
(New Thought), are expressions used in various spiritual traditions to denote
the consciousness of a human being who has reached a higher level of
evolutionary development and who has come to know Reality as it is.

Evolution in this sense is not that which occurs by natural selection over
generations of human reproduction but evolution brought about by the
application of spiritual knowledge to the conduct of human life.

Through the application of such knowledge (traditionally the preserve of the
world's great religions) to practical self-management, the awakening and
development of faculties dormant in the ordinary human being is achieved.

These faculties are aroused by and developed in conjunction with certain
dispositions of character such as patience, kindness, truthfulness, humility
and forgiveness towards one's fellow man – qualities without which, according
to moral/ethical stipulations of the various traditions, higher consciousness
is not possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher_consciousness#The_spiritual_path