--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <r...@...> wrote:

> Here's a hint: I try not to have an agenda. I'm not trying
> to sell or defend a point of view. My point of view can be
> more accurately described as a "points of view". That's why
> you'll find me posting very positive things about MMY/TM
> and then posting other things that might be construed as
> negative. I don't see them as negative so much as things
> that appear to have happened. I find it useful to try to
> accommodate the good, the bad, and the ugly in one brain.
> In other words, to not argue with reality. If I accept that
> a "negative" thing happened, that doesn't make me incapable
> of accepting the "positive" things, and vice versa. Besides,
> negative and positive, right and wrong, are very subjective
> judgments. Very much determined by cultural conditioning
> and very hard to ascribe any sort of absolute value to.

Well said.

And I agree completely with your self-assessment,
and with the way I see you present yourself on
this forum.

What the TBs cannot understand -- because, IMO,
of their brainwashing -- is that one can *easily*
hold one POV on Maharishi that embraces his positive
image and *at the same time* embrace another that is
completely comfortable with a more negative image.

They were taught that this is not possible, that
"focusing on negativity" was BAD. If one indulges in
it, there is only one justifiable punishment -- total
and complete banishment. By even *thinking* negatively
about Maharishi, one has forfeited the right to hang
with those who never have.

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi was a man. End of story.

As such, he did things that were nice, and things that
were shitty. Those who try to convince us that he only
did the nice things and never did any of the shitty
ones are probably going to try to convince us of the
same thing about themselves. We are free to laugh at
them as they try.