--- In [email protected], satvadude108 <no_re...@...> wrote:


[snip]

> 
> I tell yas these rambling tales Shemp just to show you
> I am interested in hearing your TMSP experiences and what
> led you to distance yourself from the Movement. Hearing
> it from someone still satisfied with their is always interesting. 
>       
> Think cool thoughts Shemp. It makes summer in Arizona 
> bearable. 

[snip]


What makes me different from Barry, satvadude, I think is the fact that I still 
do TM.  With the exception of a few periods in my life when I wasn't regular, 
I've pretty much done TM twice a day since I started in April 1973.

I went to TTC a year later. And I must tell ya' I pretty much was uncomfortable 
with the Movement from my first contact with them at TTC.  It seemed filled 
with vindictive, unhappy people who, for the most part, did NOT reflect what TM 
is supposed to create in its practitioners.  I'm talking here of the people 
running the thing, not the course participants and yes, of course, there were 
certainly the Nabby types but mostly good, decent people.

And, again, I suspect, unlike Barry, I didn't conclude that TM didn't work 
because of the schmucks I met running the TMO. I put that down to the fact that 
an organisation claiming to be able to solve your problems is probably going to 
attract a disproportionate percentage of nutcases and -- voila! -- here they 
are around MMY.

To date, I haven't been dissuaged from that assessment.

Here's another way I am different from Barry: there are, literally, thousands 
of paths, techniques and ways to get to "the goal".  TM is one of them.  Barry 
believes that unless one tries other methods one cannot claim that TM is the 
best way.

Perhaps he is right.  I certainly haven't tried many others other than TM so I 
certainly can't say anything in that regard.  But with all the methods out 
there I would, literally, have to try at least one a day for the rest of my 
life in order to rationally and fairly say that TM is the best.  And I don't 
think Barry has tried all the methods either (or he wouldn't have the time that 
he devotes to pulling Judy's pigtails everyday here on this forum).  So unless 
ALL methods are tried, no one is in a position to say this one or that one is 
the best.

TM attracted me because of (1) its simplicity and ease and universality which, 
despite what Barry tells you, IS most definitely unique to TM (except for those 
teachers that teach techniques that  they themselves learned from the TMO and 
MMY); (2) whether they're ultimately legit or not, the TMO had the technique 
tested scientifically...AND boldly dare the public at large and the scientific 
community to study it; and (3) no change in lifestyle, religion, or whatever 
was required to do it (at least that was the way TM was taught back in the 
day...now, of course, it's different and that's the subject of what we're 
discussing here, isnt' it?).  Numerous times on this forum I have reproduced 
the 1974 Belgium discourse by MMY (it's about 30 seconds long) in which he 
says: just do TM twice a day and then go about your business; indeed, you can 
do hundreds of different meditations if you want as long as you do TM twice a 
day.  This discourse is so important to me because, in an albeit extreme way, 
it epitomizes what TM is supposed to be all about.

But back to your original question, above.  I find the TMO filled with people 
who really are not on the same path as me...and these are people that I dearly 
love, who I consider great friends, and whom I've known now for decades and 
worked alongside in the TMO and/or went to MIU with.  But they are on an 
entirely different path than me; they are on the TM Guru path whereas I am on 
the TM Program path.  And you know what?  The two paths ARE 180 DEGREES 
DIFFERENT FROM EACH OTHER AND THEY ARE INCOMPATIBLE WITH EACH OTHER.

And I have been shunned, ostracized, and isolated for being on the TM Program 
and adhering and sticking to it.  Am I bitter?  Yes, I am.  And I am angry at 
the TMO for taking the path that they have...and for shutting people like me 
out.  God bless them all if they want to do yagyas, ayurveda, architecture, 
start political parties and all that stuff...BUT IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE 
TM PROGRAM; IT IS THE OPPOSITE OF THE TM PROGRAM.  Indeed, as I mentioned 
before, the interference of their path into MY path has destroyed the TMO and 
ruined any chance for the successful dissemination of the TM Program throughout 
the world.

I am especially bitter towards those who were fortunate enough to be around MMY 
and had the chance of telling him that he was going about things the wrong way. 
Gosh, it wasn't rocket science to know things would turn out the way they did.  
But instead of being useful to him by NOT being Yes-Men, they enabled him by 
being vampires and sucking the life-blood out of him and telling him what they 
thought he wanted here. It was their dharma -- yes, their dharma -- to stand up 
to him EVEN IF IT MEANT BEING EXPELLED FROM HIS ORBIT and tell him that he 
shouldn't do the things he did.

As I've said here before, these people sold their souls for a few schekels of 
darshan...and the world has and will suffer because of it.

People such as Off-World quite rightly question me as to why I stay anonymous 
on this forum and don't use my real nmae. The reason is that I still hold out 
hope that things will get better -- even slightly better -- and I want the 
option of either living in Fairfield and going to the dome for daily practise 
or taking a course, something I won't be able to do if I use my real name and 
end up on a blacklist the way Rick has.  So I suppose I have to share some of 
the guilt as well because I am NOT using my name and NOT standing up to the 
powers that be in the way I probably should.

One other thought I'd like to leave you with, sattvadude.  One of the 
explanations always given in the Movement as to why Maharishi would always make 
the crazy decisions that he did was: oh, as a guru, he is "weatherproofing" 
you.  As a guru, he is doing things to make you flexible in your way of 
thinking and acting which will make you stronger.  What seems crazy to you on 
the surface actually makes sense on a more subtle level and it is a technique 
gurus have of teaching you, releasing karma from you because you are so 
attached to the way you do things, and it will get you to enlightenment much 
quicker.

Well, if that's the case then I propose to all those in the TMO that the last 
30 years of the wrong directions Maharishi took were ALSO "tests" that MMY 
presented to you and what he actually wanted you to do was stand up to him and 
PREVENT him from doing all the stuff that was entirely contradictory to the 
original teachings.

And you all failed miserably.

Reply via email to