--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

> On Aug 2, 2009, at 10:33 AM, BillyG. wrote:
>
> > > And of course, the other aspect of mindfulness in TM is
> > remembering to
> > > come back to the mantra when you get lost in thoughts. If you have
> > no
> > > mindfulness, you'd sit there lost in thoughts your entire session.
> > > There was actually one person on this list who was so worried about
> > > reintroducing on the mantra volitionally, he actually believed he
> > was
> > > practicing TM correctly if he sat in thoughts the whole session,
> > > waiting for the mantra to "effortlessly" come up 'like any thought!'
> > > When it didn't, he just continued to sit there!
> > >
> > > TMers that lack this natural mindfulness won't make good TMers IMO,
> > > because reacquisition of mantra will never become automatic. It's
> > just
> > > too languid of a technique for those types of people. That's why for
> > > simple mantra meditation, it's always important to give a range of
> > > mantra recitation techniques. 'It's about the person, not the
> > > technique'. Techniques or methods are always relative.
> >
> > I don't think MMY has ever, to my knowledge, used the term, "wait
> > for the mantra" in any context.
>
> Not sure what his exact words were. The point is it's a process called
> "monitoring". Whenever you are monitoring practice, in allowing the
> mantra to come or in having the overarching awareness to return easily
> to the mantra, this is smriti or mindfulness.
>
> Thus one can see why Hicks finds mindfulness so helpful in his direct
> experience.

In the correct practice of TM as taught by MMY we do NOT 'monitor' our practice.

The word "monitoring" is NEVER used in correct instruction because the correct
practice of TM does NOT include monitoring. You would know that, Vaj, if indeed
you ever WERE properly trained to teach TM as taught by MMY.

Because you repeatedly indicate that you really don't know how TM actually
works I very much suspect that you're an outright fraud.