--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <do.rf...@...> wrote:

> Someone suggested today on one of my listservs that President Obama ought to
> be campaigning as hard for health-care reform as he did for his election. I
> don't know if that's a fair shot, but you have to say, after watching his
> performance today in New Hampshire at the town hall meeting on health care,
> they may have a point: He was electric, charming, persuasive, and powerful.
>
> ~~ David Neiwert
>

> "Where we do disagree, let's disagree over things that are real, not these
> wild misrepresentations that bear no resemblance to anything that's actually
> been proposed."
>
> ~~ President Obama
>

> Watch Obama here:
> http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/obama-personalizes-humanizes-health

Complete Transcript:

http://tinyurl.com/nmch2h
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2009/08/obama-healthcare-transcript-new-hampshire.html

Behind Closed Doors
by Dan Froomkin

"Despite an abundance of public remarks, Obama's actual strategy to achieve
health-care reform still remains largely cloaked in secrecy. While the media's
focus has been on the unseemly public wrangling in Congress, the White House
has been doing two things: 1) Trying to influence legislators behind closed
doors and 2) Making deals with industry leaders behind closed doors.

And disturbingly, the crucial endgame will apparently be played behind closed
doors, as well. In a conference call with bloggers last month, Obama
anticipated that the bills that eventually emerge from the House and Senate
will, even then, still leave the most controversial issues basically undecided."

Read More:
http://tinyurl.com/lep8xp
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/10/our-fuzzy-president-is-ab_n_255524.html