--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, WillyTex <no_re...@...> wrote:

> raunchydog wrote:
> > The Senate Finance Committee will drop
> > a controversial provision on consultations
> > for end-of-life care...
> >
> Nobody wants to talk about the 'death panel'
> or health care 'rationing'. Some folks just
> seem to be in a state of denial. Of course
> there's going to be a death panel. How else
> are we going to ration health care? Somebody
> is going to have to decide on eligibility.

Republican framing of end of life counseling as "death panels" certainly worked
to get it out of the Senate bill, but Paul Krugman calls Republicans on their
hypocrisy:

"The provision requiring that Medicare pay for voluntary end-of-life counseling
was introduced by Senator Johnny Isakson, Republican — yes, Republican — of
Georgia, who says that it's "nuts" to claim that it has anything to do with
euthanasia."

Read More:
http://tinyurl.com/qqlufd
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/14/opinion/14krugman.html?adxnnl=1&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&adxnnlx=1250258554-z5TJtFsxRuKwMLA+tcGIlg