I seem to recall my TM teacher saying that TM might make
one more sensitive, not necessarilyh "cool as a cucumber".

Of course it's impossible to tell whether it's due to
years of fairly regular practice of TM or whatever,
but for instance my lungs are nowadays extremely sensitive
to even the smell of cigarette smoke from another apartment
through the structures or stuff.

(Before my initiation I often smoked quite a lot especially
during weekends when I was usually drunk as a cuckoo
(kännissä kuin käki)).

So, when I notice even the faintest smell of cigarette smoke,
my lungs downright start to ache. I recently noticed that
eating a lot of raw garlic somehow prevents my noticing
that smell, and - lo and behold - also prevents that nasty
feeling in my lungs.