Interesting that Dennis Kucinich is
against the most popular bill. Here's
Kucinich:

"The hotly-debated HR3200, the so-called "health care reform" bill, is nothing
less than corporate welfare in the guise of social welfare and reform. It is a
convoluted mess. The real debate which we should be having is not occurring.

"Removing the "public option" from a public bill paid for by public money is
not in the public interest. What is left is a "private option" paid for with
public money. Why should public money be spent on a private option which does
not guarantee 100% coverage nor have any cost controls? A true public option
would provide 30% savings immediately which would then cover the 1/3rd of the
population who presently have no healthcare."

http://bit.ly/42dkF

Patrick again:

Could it be the Republicans dislike HR3200
for the same reasons Kucinich condemns it?
I'm not following the players closely enough
to tell.