--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jpgillam" <jpgil...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB wrote:
> >
> > one of the reasons
> > I like the "multiple realities" theory is that it
> > helps to explain subjective experiences that I and
> > others have had of "past life flashbacks."
> >
> > Interestingly, when such flashbacks occur, at least
> > to me, the subjective experience of them is *not*
> > that they happened in the past and I am "remembering"
> > them. It's that they are happening Right Here, Right
> > Now, and that for some reason I am just tapping into
> > them, as if I had accessed a separate-but-equal
> > timeline which is still going on.
> >
> > Surely you've heard raps from physics or the New Age
> > about the theory that time does not exist, and that
> > everything is happening at once in an eternal Now.
> > According to such theories, time is the illusion.
> >
> > This is *exactly* what the "past life flashbacks"
> > that I and many friends I know who have had similar
> > flashbacks feels like. It feels as if we have some-
> > how "shifted timelines" and are experiencing Right
> > Here Right Now something that *theoretically* may
> > have happened in the past, but *feels* as if it
> > is still happening.
>
> My mother once described two such experiences to me.
> I wonder if she had others?
>
> Thanks for the description. I had not realized they
> were as common as you present them to be.

I don't know about "common." I've known maybe
about a dozen people whose description of such
flashbacks maps to my own experience of them.

For us, it's really not as if we're "remembering"
anything. We're *there*, experiencing it. I look
through the eyes of whoever is experiencing what-
ever the fuck it is, and can see, touch, taste,
smell, and feel all the things that person sees,
touches, tastes, smells, and feels. I can interact
with other people and have them respond "real time"
as if they have heard me and are replying.

It's really weird and I have no earthly idea what
it is. Because all of these experiences for me
have been in what appears to be Earth's past, I
think of them as "past-life flashbacks." But a
couple of my friends have such experiences set
in a futuristic cityscape. Go figure.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: