--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Premanand" <premanandp...@...> wrote:
<snip>
> As the phrase appears in the context of Maharishi's
> organisations, and since "GYaanam" roughly means
> 'knowlege', "chetanaayam" can mean 'consciousness' and
> "nihitaam" translates as 'placed', there is good reason
> to suppose this is the source Sanskrit. Perhaps it is
> not actually a Scriptural quotation, but if it is it
> would be nice to find it.

Paul, as I was looking for non-TM-related Google hits
on the phrase, I found one site on which it was
attributed to "a tantric text":

http://nextfuture.sriaurobindosociety.org.in/july06/nfjuly06_future.htm

http://tinyurl.com/yd8wy8y

The specific text isn't cited, nor is the original Sanskrit
given, and who knows whether the writer is correct, but it
could be a clue that would help you track it down. Possibly
you could contact the writer, who is associated with the
Aurobindo Society.