from Mountainrunner:

from The Moth and the Flame, by Arran Stephens, p. 291-292 (Chapter 38):

"Mataji [Sant Kirpal Singh's wife] returned to her eternal abode on April 3,
1970. Her frail form had suffered from cancer for about four years. On this
subject the Master afterwards remarked: "Many people who have experienced this
sickness have suffered greatly and have screamed aloud with the agony that it
causes, but with the grace of God, through having direct contact with Him
within, Mataji was spared the pinching effects.."

Eventually Mataji was unable to get around anymore, and while the Master was on
tour in the latter part of March, her condition worsened. On March 30 (1970)
the Master asked her if she was ready to leave and she replied, "Yes, in three
days." The Master thought for a moment and then said, "Well, three days, that
means April 2nd - and I will be very busy that day (due to the commemoration of
the death anniversary of Hazur Baba Sawan Singh). The 3rd would be better, in
the early afternoon, say 1:30 p.m. I will be more free then."

At about 1:00 p.m. on the third it was noticed that Mataji's condition had
become very serious. When told about Mataji, the Master said, "I know it." The
Master went to Mataji and looking down at her very kindly, asked, "Are you
prepared?" She looked up and said, "Yes." The Master said, "Are you sure your
heart is absolutely clear - with no hatred for anyone?" She replied, "Yes, I
have nothing against anyone in my heart." The Master asked, "Then why are you
not smiling?" With this, her face..began to glow with joy. Ripples of laughter
came forth and she looked radiant with happiness. Taking hold of the Master's
hand she said, "Forgive me, if I have ever done anything to offend you." The
Master smiled compassionately. She said, "Both forms are here - I am seeing you
outside and inside." The Master said, "All right, now close your eyes and
relax," and with these words he returned to his room. Within ten or fifteen
minutes, Mataji had left."

Kirpal Singh afterwards remarked, "she is more alive now than ever."