Deepak Chopra used to quote in his John Diliard/Chopra weekend
traveling seminars something to the effect that I look out and see
those around me growing old therefore I decide to grow old.  Can
anyone provide me with an (American English) citation?

--

Life is not what you see, but what you've projected. It's not what
you've felt, but what you've decided. It's not what you've