> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "BillyG" <wgm4u@> wrote:
> >
> > Man was made in the image of God but most men (and woman)
> > haven't realized that, realizing that is God's plan for man.
> > When man fully realizes that potential he is Self Realized
> > and God's Divine Plan is fulfilled, finally man fully
> > realizes his Self as made in the image of God.  The
> > Almighty says, "I was one and I became many".
>
> It sometimes amazes me that the closest Deists
> can get to compassion is to pity those who don't
> believe the same things they do.
>
> And that the closest they can come to acceptance
> of their fellow man as their equals is to suggest
> that someday, when this person learns The Truth
> as I know it, *then* he'll be my equal.

Of course, this isn't Deism. This is Deism (the
last three of ten "unofficial" tenets from the
site ModernDeism.com):

7. Belief in the principle of Natural Law that states
that all men and women are created equal to each other
with inherent freedom and liberty so that no human has
more worth than another. Essentially, each human is
equal in terms of the freedoms that they have and in
the eyes of the law.

8. Belief that mankind's purpose is to use our God-given
reason to understand what it means to be alive in every
sense of the word (to live life to the fullest) and to
act in such a way as to secure human happiness and
contentment for all involved.

9. Belief that Reason and Respect are God-given traits to
mankind and that we are to utilize them in all aspects of
our daily lives thus creating a pragmatic approach to
life. This includes respecting other alternative views
and opinions of God (other religions) as long as they do
not produce harm and/or infringe upon others.

http://www.moderndeism.com/html/deism_defined.html

> Color in a picture of an elitist with a God-colored
> crayon and it's still a picture of an elitist.

Note, however, that in Barry's mind, using an
atheist-colored crayon completely obliterates any
trace of elitism.