--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , therewillbeli...@...
<no_re...@...> wrote:

> All I know is that he was not the right person to be head of MSAE and
almost everyone felt that way. There was a major disconnect between him
and the student/parents. I have no doubt that he had good intentions, he
simply wasn't tuned in and therefore came across as a bumbling idiot
despite his intelligence in other areas. >>

He's more of a University academic type I think. He didn't ask for the
job I don't think, and he's always a good speaker and advocate.
Maharishi always put people in positions they did not seem right for at
first, but it is possible that his position there had other effects that
are still to unfold. I have seen this happen with other things Maharishi
implemented, and I find myself ranting with a friend about the craziness
of something but then end up concluding that, in fact, it was the best
thing to do, or that something occured because of it that I hadn't
thought of. There are many things I still think are crazy though, the
middle of Kansas for example, and weighing a man in his weight in gold,
trying to close down the souhern entrances of countries, and tying to
build the tallest building in the world, but who knows, maybe I'll be
proven wrong, but probably not in this lifetime :-)  Ashley Deans as
Principal is down right rational compared to these others.

OffWorld

<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , "ShempMcGurk" <shempmcgurk@>

<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , therewillbelight@ <no_reply@>
wrote:

> > > Hey all--this is my first time posting after lots of lurking. I
grew up in FF and attended MSAE from preschool through 12th grade. I
haven't practiced TM or the Sidhis since I graduated and I have mixed
feelings about the TMO. As most of you know, the school was far from
ideal. I'm just wondering if it's improved at all since Dr. Deans left.
I always thought he was a bumbling idiot, but I chalked my opinion up to
the fact that I was a disillusioned teenager. I was just discussing it
with my mother (both of my parents are still in the TMO) and she said
the parents felt the same way about Dr. Deans. I digress. There have
been some positive changes at MUM from what I've heard, and I hope those
changed have carried over to MSAE.

> > I haven't had contact with Deans in over 27 years but I knew him
when he was a regular working stiff and I can tell you this: he was the
most successful person in his field, was a go-getter, and there wasn't
anything spaced out about the guy. This is not someone who had to escape
to the confines of the Movement because he couldn't make it in the "real
world".  He outshined everyone in the real world.