> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "BillyG" <wgm4u@> wrote:
> >
> > I doubt it....
>
> So do I. As one TPM commenter notes:
>
> "The masses will no more remember this than they remembered
> The Republicans fighting both Social Security and Medicare
> tooth and nail. And soon the republicans will be claiming
> credit for any good that comes out of this eventual bill
> (as they did/do with the stimulus bill) and blaming the
> Democrats for all that s wrong with it. And once again,
> they will remain unchallanged and encouraged to do so by
> the corporate media."

Actually the Republicans had a better plan than Social Security (which is going
broke).  It was called *Elder Care* authored by Bob Dole. I know some silly
democrats like to call Republicans cold hearted, that's just rhetoric, Reagan
Republicans are just smarter!

It's easy to be popular when you give away the public treasury! Remember it was
a Republican Congress that passed along the balanced budget to Bill Clinton!!
Silly democrats like to ignore that fact....