> "Evidently, he was wrong," LaCasse allowed, "but this time it is going
> to happen. There was some doubt last time, but we didn't have any
> proofs. This time we do."
>
> Would his opinion of Camping change if May 21, 2011, ended without
> incident?
>
> "I can't even think like that," LaCasse said. "Everything is too
> positive right now. There's too little time to think like that."

Amazing isn't it. But it's exactly the same kind of nutjob thinking that leads
people to believe there's something in Tony Nader's "work" finding parallels
between human physiology and vedic literature, or John Hagelin's ideas on much
the same subject. Oh yes and the ME, even though there's not a shred of
evidence that can stand up to critical scrutiny.

I'll make a prediction, in 30 years time on January 12th there will be a few
old people left in Vedic City and Vlodrop, (MUM having closed 15 years before)
and they'll be sitting around still dressed up in crowns and gowns telling each
other how wonderful they are, praising each other for their achievements and
that finally this year will see the dawn of sat yuga.

Every other trace of the movement in the West will have vanished by then, the
pundits will have got jobs in call centers in Mumbai because the money will
have run out, but the top people will still be sending out letters begging for
money to support project X,Y,Z, and Tony Nader will still be having 25 dishes
cooked for each meal.