--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "anatol_zinc" <anatol_z...@...> wrote:

[snip]

> Grayson is on the right track;
> what this country needs are real statesmen
> what this country needs are mahatmas like:
> Gandhi, MLKing, Peace Pilgrim
> to speak truth from the heart
> no matter what the consequences
> and move people in the direction
> of compassion away from selfishness

[snip]

The last thing this country needs is a Mahatma Gandhi.

India has only recently gotten free of the horrible economic shackles his
policies have been strangling India with.  I refer to his silly "made in India"
policies, particularly those surrounding the textile industry.

In the past 10-15 years India consciously abandoned those principles and opened
themselves up to globalization and they have finally begun to thrive in a big
way.

The community organiser reminds me of Gandhi.